Market Readiness Programme
Our series of three 3.5-hour workshops focus on the growing markets of Singapore/Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia. New Zealand entrepreneurs, founders, and business managers can choose to participate in up to three workshops – all at no cost.
Tap into the expert academic knowledge of the facilitators, as well as learn from other experienced Kiwi operations, as you discover the exciting opportunities, benefits, and challenges of doing business with these regions. Topics covered include:
- Trading environments, key aspects of cultures and the ways of doing business
- Key insights about in-market competition
- Identifying opportunities and market entry strategies
- First-hand experiences from other Kiwi exporters
- Networking opportunities and the potential to connect to the ASEAN region through the SEA CAPE alumni network
The content was very relevant to our business. I found the diverse/different business protocols and culture conversations very interesting.
Great to get background information on the markets, channels, and real life examples of products in the market.
The most useful aspect of the workshop is the input from other participants who have experience in exporting to these countries already.
This interactive workshop provides relevant insights for New Zealand businesses looking to engage with or already doing business in Singapore and Malaysia. Discover more about the exciting markets of Malaysia and Singapore and how they can serve as a hub for New Zealand businesses in Southeast Asia.
Topics of the day include:
- Macro and business environments in Singapore and Malaysia
- Key aspects of the cultures and ways of doing business
- Consumer behaviour
- How to identify opportunities
- Market entry strategies
With a burgeoning population of over 267 million people and comprising more than 17,000 islands, Indonesia is a unique trade and investment destination for New Zealand companies.
This free, interactive workshop covers:
- Indonesia’s unique position as a trade and investment destination for New Zealand companies
- Cultural and business challenges of engaging with the market
- The dynamics of compressed development in Indonesia and what this means for your business
- Learning from the competition
As one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing economies, Vietnam is dynamic and bursting with potential. Despite Covid 19, Vietnam GDP growth in 2020 reached 2.9% (one of the few economies with positive growth in 2020), and it is projected to maintain at 6.5% in 2021 (IMF 2021). Vietnam also ranks 12th out of 66 emerging markets in terms of its financial strength.
Beyond the attractive economic statistics, Vietnam also presents various opportunities due to its manufacturing capacity and skillsets, strategic location being next to China, strengthening institutional and regulatory framework that encourages foreign participation and protection of intellectual property, a large consumer market of more than 97 million with median age of 32.
This workshop provides insights into the challenges and opportunities that Vietnam presents for NZ businesses.
Topics of the day include:
- In-depth understanding of macroenvironments (demographic, social, political, and economic aspects) of Vietnam.
- Cultural expectations and practices in doing business in and with Vietnam.
- Insights on competitive landscapes and dynamics of interaction in Vietnam.
- Alternative market entry strategies to be considered for the market.