30 September 2021
This webinar, held on 30 September 2021, examined underexplored opportunities for New Zealand links with Latin America.
Developed in association with the Latin America New Zealand Business Council, this webinar explored why more New Zealand exporters could consider using Mexico as a production base into the US market.
Beginning with reflections on North American trade networks and the USMCA agreement, it presented insights from New Zealand companies that have thrived in COVID times through their Mexican links, and concluded with reflections on related topics such as nearshoring, the CPTPP, and the G7’s B3W plan.
• Hon. Tim Groser – former New Zealand Trade Minister and Ambassador to Washington
• Kellie Meiman – Managing Partner, McLarty Associates
• Dr Gerardo Traslosheros – UDLAP Jenkins Graduate School and PECC-Mexico Executive Director
• Marcus Driller – Vice-President Corporate, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
• Greg Balla – CEO, Wellington Drive Technologies
• Steve Jones – NZTE Regional Director for Latin America
• Professor Warwick Murray – Victoria University of Wellington
• Matthew O’Meagher – Latin America CAPE Director
• Stephanie Honey – NZ International Business Forum, CAPEs Advisory Board
Opening and closing remarks:
• Her Excellency Sara Meymand, Ambassador to Mexico
• His Excellency Alfredo Pérez Bravo, Mexican Ambassador to New Zealand
• Peter McMenamin, President, Latin America New Zealand Business Council