The Centres of Asia Pacific Excellence, in association with Education New Zealand and SIEBA, present Step up to the world – Tū māia ki te ao a three-day forum on global citizenship education in September in Auckland.
We’ll start in the afternoon of day one and spend two full days of plenary and workshop sessions with a broad range of speakers from across the education sector and beyond including Dr Rosemary Hipkins, Shamubeel Eaqub, and Bridget Williams.
You are invited to step up to the world at a forum that brings together expertise and practice in global citizenship education.
- You will be inspired to think critically
- You will be empowered to transform
- You will be equipped with tools and strategies
The forum will support you to:
- Understand what Global Citizenship Education (GCED) is, how it has developed, and why it is important.
- Explore ways to honour our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi through GCED
- Make links between the CAPEs GCED framework, the NZ Curriculum, the International Education Strategy, and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Explore the role of GCED in Asia Pacific contexts
- Understand the benefits of GCED to both local and international students
- Learn how to implement GCED in your school or organisation
- Reinvigorate your international education marketing strategy through GCED
- Connect and share best practice with local and international experts and practitioners
- Connect GCED with careers
Registration is free. Grants are available, on application, to support attendance – decided on a case-by-case basis.