Sport has long bridged the ocean between New Zealand and Latin America, and this month sees the world’s greatest footballing nations arrive on Kiwi shores – including Argentina.
To celebrate our hosting of the biggest women’s sporting event in history, join us to explore how sport can empower women. We’ll have insights from New Zealand provided by:
- Johanna Wood, the President of NZ Football
- Kristy Hill, a former Football Fern
- Carolo Vazquez, an Argentine content creator who focuses on women’s football
- Agustín Porres from the Varkey Foundation who aim to improve standards of education and raise the capacity of teachers throughout the world
- Natalia Laclau, maker of a documentary of women’s football in Argentina.
You’ll also hear from the Argentine Ambassador in New Zealand Maria Belén Bogado on sports diplomacy as a bridge between nations, with TV personality Megan Alatini facilitating.
Tickets are strictly limited and a light breakfast will be provided.