7 February 2024
(Application now is closed)
We are partnering with the New Zealand China Council to invite emerging business leaders in Aotearoa to participate in a funded study tour to China with a focus on the sustainable food sector. The aim of the study tour is to expose participants to current and anticipated future sustainable food directions in China from consumer, production, innovation, investment and policy/regulatory perspectives, and to support emerging leaders to develop their skills and relationships in-market. The tour will provide opportunities for potential collaborations, learning, and network creation.
The key focus of the tour will be “what is going on on the ground?” The emerging leaders will join a more established delegation of New Zealand sustainable food professionals and China business experts to visit those working within the sector in China, including local companies, policymakers, New Zealand food businesses operating in China, and New Zealand government agency representatives. How are organisations and agencies responding or preparing to respond to the strategic, policy and regulatory changes in the sustainable food space identified in the New Zealand China Council’s recent report Tasting the Future: China’s Sustainable Protein Outlook? The report shone a spotlight on this broad and fast-growing sector.
The study tour will take a balanced approach to address a broad and diverse set of interests regarding sustainable food, aligning the interests of emerging professionals as well as more experienced/senior members from this industry. Participants should be prepared to be exposed to topics and areas that may be out of their immediate area of knowledge and interest.
The study tour will take place from 21 – 27 April 2024. Participants will be required to attend all sessions throughout this period as well as reflect on lessons learnt. Travel, accommodation, and programme costs for emerging leaders will be covered by North Asia CAPE, with the exception of personal meals and incidentals.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit a brief video explaining their interest in participating. Two to three in-person and online workshops will be held prior to the study tour, run by the New Zealand China Council and/or North Asia CAPE.
Applicants will also be required to pay for and secure a visa to visit China, further details here.
– New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
– Available for travel from 21-27 April 2024
– Commitment to attend four hours of pre-departure orientation and workshops, online and/or in person.
– Worked in or with the food sector for over two years and currently employed in the industry (preference given to those working in sustainable food, food science, and food technology sectors)
– Preference will be given to emerging leaders (those still in a developing stage of their career)
– Agree to the terms and conditions
Applicants will need to include a link to a YouTube video of under 90 seconds detailing the following:
- What ideas/contribution will you bring to the tour?
- What is your motivation for being part of the tour?
- What are the outcomes you are hoping to achieve?
- How are you hoping to give back to your community/apply what you have learned?
Applications is now closed.