7 September 2022
We are excited to be launching our first in-market physical study tour since 2019.
North Asia CAPES are inviting up to six people to participate in a Japan Tourism Study Tour, where you will visit Tokyo and Beppu (famous for hot springs), as well as attend sessions at the Japan NZ Business Council Conference, and hear presentations from various tourism and business leaders.
The aim of the Study Tour is to increase the understanding of the Japan inbound tourism market amongst the upcoming tourism leaders in New Zealand, and for those learnings to help New Zealand to move into the next phase of the Japan market post-COVID-19.
The Study Tour will take place from the 17 – 24 November 2022. Participants will be required to attend all sessions throughout this period, and to reflect on lessons learnt.
Programme costs will be covered by the North Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence, with the exception of meals and incidentals.
Applicants are required to apply online, and to send a brief video explaining their interest in Japan, and the Japanese in-bound market. Two workshops will be held prior to the Study Tour, one to be run by the University of Otago, and the other by Tony Boot of BTM.
Applicants will also be required to secure a supported business visa, further details here.
– NZ citizen or permanent resident
– Available for travel from 17 November to 25 November 2022
– Committed to attend four hours of pre-departure orientation and workshops to be confirmed
– Worked in the inbound tourism industry for over two years, and currently employed in the industry
– Between the ages of 22 and 35
– Agree to the terms and conditions here
Applicants will need to secure a letter of company endorsement, and also include a link to a YouTube video of under 90 seconds detailing the following:
1) Why you want to be involved
2) Why Japan in-bound tourism is important to you
3) How you hope to apply what you’ve learnt in the future