28 March 2023
North Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence (North Asia CAPE) are inviting young business leaders to participate in a Technology Study Tour to Hong Kong and Southern China, where you will visit a number of companies, including Huawei, Xpeng, Datatech and more. Also included in the tour is a visit to the Asia Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Fair, Digital Display Expo, and the Amusement and Attraction Expo in Guangzhou.
The aim of the study tour is to increase the understanding of the greater Chinese market amongst upcoming tech leaders in New Zealand, and to support those developing their skills for whom foreign opportunities are usually out of reach. The tour will provide opportunities for potential collaborations, learnings, and network creation.
The Study Tour will take place from 6 – 13 May 2023. Participants will be required to attend all sessions throughout this period as well as reflect on lessons learnt.
Programme costs will be covered by the North Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence with the exception of meals and incidentals.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit a brief video explaining their interest in participating. Two workshops will be held prior to the study tour run by the North Asia CAPE and partners.
Applicants will also be required to secure a visa to visit China, further details here.
– NZ citizen or permanent resident
– Available for travel from 6 to 13 May 2023
– Commitment to attend four hours of pre-departure orientation and workshops – to be confirmed
– Worked in the tech sector for over two years and currently employed in the industry
– Preference will be given to those under the ages of 40
– Agree to the terms and conditions
Applicants will need to include a link to a YouTube video of under 90 seconds detailing the following:
1. What ideas/contribution will you bring to the tour?
2. What is your motivation for being part of the tour?
3. What are the outcomes you are hoping to achieve?
4. How are you hoping to give back to your community/apply what you have learned?
Applications are now closed.