27 July 2023
We are inviting up to six people to participate in a Korea and Japan Tourism Study Tour, visiting Tokyo and Seoul, and hear presentations from various tourism and business leaders.
The aim of the Study Tour is to increase the understanding of the South Korea and Japan inbound tourism markets amongst the upcoming tourism leaders in New Zealand, and for those learnings to help New Zealand to move into the next phase of tourism to South Korea and Japan.
The Study Tour will take place from the 1 – 10 October 2023. Participants will be required to attend all sessions throughout this period, and to reflect on lessons learnt.
Programme costs will be covered by the North Asia Centre of Asia-Pacific Excellence, with the exception of meals and incidentals.
Applicants are required to apply online, and to send a brief video explaining their interest in South Korea and Japan, and the Korean and Japanese in-bound markets. Two workshops will be held prior to the Study Tour, in addition to an in-person orientation.
– NZ citizen or permanent resident
– Available for travel from 1 October to 10 October
– Committed to attend four hours of pre-departure orientation and workshops to be confirmed
– Worked in the inbound tourism industry for over two years, and currently employed in the industry
– Between the ages of 22 and 35
– Agree to the terms and conditions here.
Applicants will need to secure a letter of company endorsement, and also include a link to a YouTube video of under 90 seconds detailing the following:
1) Why you want to be involved
2) Why South Korea and Japan in-bound tourism is important to you
3) How you hope to apply what you’ve learnt in the future
Applications are now closed.