We’re now preparing our 2023 Diversifying into Latin America programme and we’re looking for more Kiwi businesses interested in exporting to Latin America.
Applications are open until 1 March 2023 but places are limited.
DILA Programme learning objectives:
- Access and apply the latest market intelligence, tools and strategies to support your business engaging successfully with Latin America.
- Create a strategy and value proposition to access new export opportunities.
- Apply feedback and knowledge from peers, academics and Latin America market specialists to refine your Latin American engagement.
- Test ideas on gaining and retaining your competitive advantage with leading New Zealand exporters and market experts.
- Learn and apply practical intercultural business skills.
Opening Session Friday 10 – Saturday 11 March (in-person) in Auckland
- Learn about successful New Zealand companies in Latin America.
- Apply insights to your business contexts and realities.
- Review and use market validation tools and apply price point knowledge
- Dialogue with NZTE Trade Commissioners sharing on-the-ground expertise
- Understand how culture impacts how we do business here.
Workshop 1 Thursday 16 March (Virtual)
Business dynamics and environmental conditions of doing business in Latin America
- Explore diverse country-specific markets.
- Understand specific country risks and strategies to manage such risks.
Workshop 2 Thursday 23 March (Virtual)
Innovation in the Latin America region
- Learn about digital and tech transformation in Latin America and the importance of digital commerce.
- Examine opportunities and challenges for New Zealand businesses to innovate for the region.
Workshop 3 Thursday 30 March (Virtual)
Understand what the Latin America consumer wants
- Consider consumer trends in the region and specific countries and evaluate opportunities for your business.
- Assess changing business and consumer behaviour in COVID-times.
Workshop 4 Thursday 13 April (Virtual) (there will be a break on 6 April for Easter)
Test your Business Value Proposition (BVP)
- Test your BVP for targeting Latin America with focus groups comprising Latin Americans and sector specialists.
Workshop 5: Thursday 20 April (Virtual)
Sustaining Business Growth
- Discuss technical aspects of sustaining growth logistics, supply chain and distribution realities, regulatory and tax hurdles.
- Consider financing growth services.
Workshop 6: 27 April (Virtual)
- Identify business partners.
- Build and maintain trust in relationships.
Closing session: Friday 5 May – Saturday 6 May (in person) in Wellington
- Industry leader presentations.
- Participants present market entry strategies.
Our DILA facilitators:
Dr Antje Fiedler – Senior Lecturer University, Auckland Business School
Dr Tanya Jurado – Senior Lecturer, Massey University Business School
Dr Matthew O’Meagher – Director, Latin America CAPE
Craig Nicholson – Deputy Director, Latin America CAPE
Adriana Destenave – Programme Manager, Latin America CAPE
Guest presenters will be announced in due course.
In-person sessions start on Friday 6pm-8:30pm (including dinner) and Saturday 9am – 3:30pm. All virtual workshops are on Thursdays 5:30 – 7:30pm. To complete this programme, you will have to attend both in-person sessions and a minimum of four virtual workshops.
$250 (incl. GST), including all programme materials, attendance at all sessions, flights and accommodation for in-person sessions.