19 September 2023
Nau mai hoki mai ki Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa 2024!
Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa is dedicated to empowering Māori and Indigenous business engagement, strengthening capabilities, and elevating global awareness.
Through an Indigenous lens, our programs are tailored to foster business connections for Māori tertiary students and Māori businesses. Each programme immerses participants in the intricate realm of Indigenous business practices, uncovering the timeless values that drive the prosperity of Māori and Indigenous enterprises across the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2024, we’re venturing abroad with our first Latin America programme in Colombia, happening from February to March. You’ll have the opportunity to join other tauira Māori and engage with Indigenous and business experts, leaders, organisations, and communities, all while immersing yourself in the vibrant culture of your host country.
Māori tertiary students and Māori businesses from across Aotearoa are invited to participate.If you are a Māori tertiary student, preference is given if you:
- are enrolled in full-time tertiary studies at any university, polytechnic, or wānanga across Aotearoa;
- study business or can demonstrate a strong kowledge of business;
- are in your second year or higher of an undergraduate degree or a higher qualification;
- demonstrate strong leadership potential.
If you are a Māori Business, preference is given if you:
- are a registered New Zealand business.
- operate as founder-led businesses with a track record of 18+ months, actively embodying kaupapa Māori values and delivering benefits to Māori.
- can demonstrate hands-on experience in mentoring young talent.
How to apply
To apply for the Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa Programme 2024, you will need to:
- Complete the online application form.
- Create a video (up to 120 seconds) addressing the following questions:
- My interest in applying for Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa ki Colombia 2024;
- What current business involvement and/or business aspirations I have;
- What benefits/expected outcomes I anticipate as a result of my participation for myself, my community and the institution of study I attend;
- My contributions as a leader, and my experience and commitment to a kaupapa over time.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be notified by email for an interview within one week of the application deadline. Interviews will be conducted online during the week following shortlisting. Successful applicants for 2024 will receive email notifications and will be announced through our website and social media channels.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity. Applications for Te Hononga-ā-Kiwa 2024 close on Sunday, October 8th. Apply now!
For any inquiries or further information, please reach out to Project Lead, Nathan Rahui at [email protected].