The SEA CAPE Market Readiness Programme (MRP) helps you prepare your business to share in the success of the many other New Zealand businesses operating in the valuable export markets of Southeast Asia.
Our series of three 3.5-hour workshops focus on the growing markets of Singapore/Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia. New Zealand entrepreneurs, founders, and business managers can choose to participate in up to three workshops – all at no cost.
Tap into the expert academic knowledge of the facilitators, as well as learn from other experienced Kiwi operations, as you discover the exciting opportunities, benefits, and challenges of doing business with these regions.
Topics covered include:
- Trading environments, key aspects of cultures and the ways of doing business
- Key insights about in-market competition
- Identifying opportunities and market entry strategies
- First-hand experiences from other Kiwi exporters
- Networking opportunities and the potential to connect to the ASEAN region through the SEA CAPE alumni network
With a burgeoning population of over 267 million people and comprising more than 17,000 islands, Indonesia is a unique trade and investment destination for New Zealand companies.
This free, interactive workshop covers:
- Indonesia’s unique position as a trade and investment destination for New Zealand companies
- Cultural and business challenges of engaging with the market
- The dynamics of compressed development in Indonesia and what this means for your business
- Learning from the competition
Singapore & Malaysia workshop
This interactive workshop provides relevant insights for New Zealand businesses looking to engage with or already doing business in Singapore and Malaysia. Discover more about the exciting markets of Malaysia and Singapore and how they can serve as a hub for New Zealand businesses in Southeast Asia.
Topics of the day include:
- Macro and business environments in Singapore and Malaysia
- Key aspects of the cultures and ways of doing business
- Consumer behaviour
- How to identify opportunities
- Market entry strategies
As one of Southeast Asia’s fastest growing economies, Vietnam is dynamic and bursting with potential. This workshop provides insights into the challenges and opportunities that Vietnam presents for NZ businesses.
Topics of the day include Vietnam’s macro and business environments, and the cultural challenges and competitive dynamics involved in doing business in Vietnam. Recent developments in the market and their implications for NZ businesses are also discussed.